Sunday, April 1, 2012

You know your riding the bus to long when.....


As you probably know, I bought a car.  My bus time is now limited, and I imagine I will get in an adventure every now and then.  I am hoping that my car drama won’t be drama anymore. I am counting on choosing my adventures on public transit on my terms now.
In anticipation for my big auto purchase, I had mentally made a list I humbly called “you know when your riding the bus too long when…” or “you know you need a car when….”
So here goes:
1)   your morning bus driver asks you to bring her a magnet for her United States magnet souvenir collection after she finds out you're going on vacation.
2)   your morning bus driver knows you're going on vacation.
3)   you actually spend time picking the perfect magnet for your morning bus driver.
4)   you give the magnet to her and then she introduces herself  but insists you call her by her nickname “Red”
5)   you start to resemble the homeless just because you have 5 bags strung across you at all times.
6)   you always smell body odor and sometimes can’t tell the difference between that smell and fast food.
7)   you know exactly the point where the momentum of the bus pushes you forward while standing and you gage your walk towards the exit accordingly.
8)   the driver hands you your transfer before you ask or even pay.
9)   you yawn and the bus driver makes a comment comparing your state to the previous day’s pickup.
10)  you're walking and Red passes you on her bus, honks and waves. (one of my more proud moments)
11)  you know exactly which person is creating the odors.
12)  you try and antagonize Crazy because you want a reaction.
13)  your disappointed when Crazy doesn’t give you the reaction you want.
14)  you consciously don’t look at feet .
15)  you  know the exact points on the route where it is safe to put your mascara on.
16)  you avoid the bus with the bus driver because of  his heavy foot and not so smooth driving skills.
17)  Red tells you all about her bus Olympic competition and reads you the rules while she is driving.
18)  you sort of want to go cheer on Red when she competes.
19)  you start to feel nauseated while riding.
20)  you get a car and realize you haven’t said a proper goodbye to Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment